About this Event
At the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, we create intentional opportunities to engage our students, faculty, staff, and alumni. We aim to cultivate a sense of belonging for ALL to help build and position our Statler community for success. We believe that THROUGHLY BELONGING motivates and unlocks the power of collaborative innovation.
JOIN OUR STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF AND ALUMNI ON SEPTEMBER 21st! REGISTER TODAY!
LEARN about the purposeful and meaningful exchanges of personal experiences, values, beliefs and views through our keynote lecture and alumni networking events, and CELEBRATE our successes, differences and WHO WE ARE!
JOIN US TODAY!
- Maryanne Reed, Provost & Vice President Academic Affairs, West Virginia University
- Pedro Mago, Glen H. Hiner Dean, Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, West Virginia University
1. Keynote Lecture: Engineering success story- Once a Mountaineer always a Mountaineer! (1:00-2:00 p.m.)
- Keynote Speaker: Brandon Downey, President and CEO of Trilogy Innovations
Brandon Downey has been a technologist and leader in the software development and systems engineering field for more than 25 years. Working with customers across federal and state governments, academia, and the petroleum industries, he provides strategy on IT digital transformations, cloud computing solutions, and custom software development. His passion is teaching the youth and leaders of tomorrow and helping forge a new identity for West Virginia. Brandon earned bachelor’s degrees in computer engineering and computer science as well as a master’s degree in software engineering at West Virginia University.
2. Speed Networking Event: Blazing paths for generations to come (2:15-3:15 p.m.).
The event is open to all the students in the Statler community. Alumni who confirmed participation are included below; full list will be available by September 1st, 2023.
- Brandon Downey, CEO of Trilogy Innovations
- Jill Burdette, Director, Global Business Development Energy Transformation, Emerson
- Brian Anderson, Executive Director of the Interagency Working Group on Coal and Power Plant Communities and Economic Revitalization and Senior Advisor to the Undersecretary for Infrastructure
- Sharon Flanery, Chair, Energy and Natural Resources Department at Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Dave Hawkins, President at Mid-Atlantic Surgical Systems
3. Showcase of students, students’ organizations and departments (poster presentations) followed by a social with diverse hors d'oeuvres (3:30-5:00 p.m.), Engineering Sciences Building Atrium, Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources.